Pledge to take the NetGalley Wellness Challenge!
I am excited to announce the second annual NetGalley Wellness Challenge. This year’s theme is “Do You Book Talk?”
What is it?
Make sure publishers hear you when you “book talk”.
Take this year’s pledge, and throughout the 7-week challenge we’ll provide tips to improve your “book talking” skills. This year we’re especially focused on reviews/feedback, so publishers know how you’re spreading the word about their great titles. We’ll also give tips for sharing your reviews with your friends/followers, and recommending books to your customers or patrons.
Need help updating your profile before you submit feedback? Check out last year’s Wellness Challenge for Profile tips to help publishers make more informed approval decisions.
When is it?
May 5th – June 20th
How do I participate?
- Sign the NetGalley Wellness Pledge! By participating, you’ll be eligible to win 1 of 5 prizes on June 20th.
- Post this digital badge to your website or blog. Displaying it on your blog will let publishers know you’re committed to using NetGalley.
- Sign up for one of our free online webinars where Tarah will walk you through the basics of leaving feedback, what types of feedback are the most helpful, and other best practices. Can’t attend either webinar? Register anyways and we’ll be sure to send you the recording.
May 21st at 5pm EDT - Watch the recording here
June 13th at 5pm EDT - Watch the recording here
- Make an appointment (if you’re attending BookExpo America in NYC) for a one-on-one meeting with Tarah Theoret, your NetGalley Reader Concierge!
- Post your own NetGalley tips and/or how you “book talk” to your accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and any sites using the templates below. And make sure to tag @NetGalley! (View examples here!)
- Check out our Reader Checklist that includes a list of best practices when leaving feedback to publishers in NetGalley.
- Read our Recipes for Success blog series that includes tips from book bloggers, publicists, marketers, and more! And look at the profile examples and suggestions in our Before You Request section.
- Read our Wellness Challenge updates and articles.
- Watch for our emails, follow us on Facebook and Twitter and mention the Wellness Challenge using #MyNetGalley (make sure firstname.lastname@example.org is added to your safe senders list).
- Week 1: Over 1,300 Professional Readers have signed the pledge during the first week! In addition to many making appointments to meet with us at BEA (time slots are filling up so make your appointment now!).
- Week 2: Pamela Brown, from Mulholland Books, shares why your feedback and reviews are important to the success of a book. Read the full post here.
- Week 3:
- Over 600 members attended our feedback-focused webinar! Watch the recording here and sign up for the next session on June 13th at 5pm EDT.
- Dina Sherman, from Disney Book Group, shares why your feedback and reviews are important to the success of a book and her favorite NetGalley review. Read the full post here.
- Week 4: NetGalley attended BookExpo America in New York City and met with many of our members to talk through their profiles, feedback habits, and new features on the site. Read our recap here!
- Week 5: This was the week of follow-up after BookExpo America - following up with our publishers and readers who we met in person. Have you seen our Pinterest page dedicated to our members and publishers who Book Talk? Check it out!
- Week 6: 300 NetGalley members attended this weeks feedback-focused webinar! Watch the recording here
- Week 7: Nearly 2,000 members signed the Wellness Challenge pledge - read the Wellness Challenge recap here!
At the close of the NetGalley Wellness Challenge (June 20th) we will be awarding a $100 gift certificate to the book retailer of your choice to 5 random members who have signed our pledge and have visibly shared valuable feedback with publishers.